Welcome to the Comprehensive Privacy Notice for FEMSA Ventures Website Users. This document provides information about the Controller of your personal data, what type of information we may collect and the purposes for which we request your information when you browse our website.
This Privacy Notice complies with the provisions of the Federal Law on the Protection of Personal Data in Possession of Individuals (Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de los Particulares, LFPD), its Regulations and other applicable provisions in Mexico, since it is the country in which the entity FEMSA responsible for your personal data is located.
Femsa Ventures, S. de R.L.de C.V., hereinafter referred to as FEMSA, with domicile at Avenida General Anaya 601 Poniente, colonia Bella Vista, city of Monterrey, municipality or delegation Monterrey, Zip Code 64410, in the state of Nuevo León, country Mexico, and internet portal http://www.femsaventures.com, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data, and in this regard we inform you the following:
For which purposes will we use your personal data?
FEMSA may process your personal data for the following primary purposes:
- To provide information to holders about the business units, products and services marketed by FEMSA, when they so request.
- Attention through electronic media as well as the sending of reports and bulletins from FEMSA or related to its business units.
- Registration in our database to carry out linkage and outreach strategies with audiences of interest.
- Statistics and browsing history of FEMSA's website.
In order to fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, FEMSA shall not use your personal data for secondary purposes.
What categories of personal data do we collect?
Specifically, FEMSA may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Identification data
- Contact details
- Navigation, device and geolocation data
Sensitive personal data
In order to comply with the purposes described in this Notice, FEMSA does not process or request sensitive personal data.
Personal data of third parties
If you provide FEMSA with personal data of third parties for verification of possible conflicts of interest, you must inform them of the existence of the processing of their personal data and the contents of this Privacy Notice. If you provide such information, you also represent with your submission that you have previously obtained the consent of the owners to provide their information to FEMSA and that such information is correct and complete.
Who do we share your personal information with and for which purposes?
Your personal data may be transferred, within or outside the territory of Mexico, to the following categories of recipients and for the purposes identified:
- Public agencies; federal, state and/or municipal public administrations; commissions; institutes and/or regulatory entities, for compliance with public safety regulations, as well as for compliance with judicial or administrative requirements issued by competent authorities.
- Service providers, to obtain services for the purpose of centralized safeguarding of information; control of registrations and cancellations; modifications on the scope of the contracted services; as well as to perform analysis and statistics on our customers, in order to evaluate, improve and design new services.
- FEMSA's affiliated or subsidiary companies, to communicate to these entities ( FEMSA' s Business Units) about information requested by Users about products and services marketed by such business units.
The Law sets forth that the aforementioned data transfers do not require your consent in order to be carried out, but the Controller is bound to inform you about them. However, if we communicate your data to any FEMSA affiliate or subsidiary, these companies shall be newly responsible for your data and shall inform you of the purposes and legislation applicable to the processing of your personal data.
You are entitled to exercise your rights to access, rectify, cancel and object to the use of your personal data. Keep in mind that the ARCO Rights include:
- Access: the right to know the data we have about you, as well as to know how we use or share it.
- Rectification: the right you have to request at any time the rectification of your data, if for any reason it is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete in our databases.
- Cancellation: the right to request that we delete your information, starting with its blocking and subsequent definitive deletion.
- Objection: the right you have to indicate a legitimate reason why we should stop using your personal data.
To exercise any of the ARCO Rights, you may submit the respective request by downloading FEMSA 's form on the website https://femsaventures.com/privacypolicy or we provide you with the "Single Form for the Exercise of ARCO Rights and Withdrawal of Consent", which is included as a Single Exhibit to this Privacy Notice; you may also request it by e-mail: email@example.com.
For the exercise of any of the ARCO Rights, you must submit the respective request through the following means: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The application must include or be accompanied by:
- Name and domicile or other means to communicate you the answer to the request;
- A copy of a document proving your identity and, if applicable, legal representation if someone is exercising the right on your behalf;
- A clear and precise description of the ARCO Right you wish to exercise and the personal data related to your request; and
- Where applicable, any other information or document that will help us locate your personal data.
FEMSA will respond to your request within 20 (twenty) business days following the date it is sent and received. If your request is admissible, we will make it effective within 15 (fifteen) business days from the date we communicate the answer. If the information and/or documents provided in your Request are incomplete, erroneous or insufficient, or if the necessary documents to prove your identity or the appropriate legal representation are not provided, we will ask you to correct and cure the deficiencies to process such request. You will have 10 (ten) business days to address the request and correct the request; otherwise, it will be deemed and considered as not submitted.
The use of electronic means for the exercise of ARCO Rights authorizes FEMSA to respond to your request through the same means, unless and until you clearly and expressly indicate otherwise.
The right of cancellation is not absolute. FEMSA must retain information to comply with various legal obligations and to do so it may share your personal data with other entities or organizations. In such cases, the right of cancellation may have to be requested from the entity that received your personal data.
The contact details of the person or department of personal data, in charge of processing ARCO Rights requests, are as follows:
- Name of the person or department of personal data: Karla Ivonne González Valdez.
- Address: 601 Avenida General Anaya 601 Poniente, colonia Bella Vista, city of Monterrey, municipality or delegation Monterrey, Zip Code 64410, in the state of Nuevo León, country Mexico.
Do you want to withdraw your consent?
In some cases, you may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data; however, this revocation cannot have retroactive effects, namely, it cannot affect situations, procedures or transfers carried out prior to the revocation of your consent; nor in cases in which such revocation entails the impossibility of complying with obligations derived from a legal relationship in force between you and FEMSA, or entails the breach of general public policy provisions that set forth the obligation to maintain the processing of your personal data for a certain period of time.
You can send a request for withdrawal of consent to the email email@example.com, following the instructions applicable to the exercise of ARCO Rights.
How can you limit the use or disclosure of your personal data?
We offer the following means in order for you to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information: Your registration in the Public Registry to Avoid Advertising (Registro Público para Evitar Publicidad), under the Federal Consumer Protection Agency (Procuraduría Federal del Consumidor, PROFECO, for its acronym in Spanish), with the purpose of not using your personal data to receive advertising or promotions of goods or services. For more information on such registration, you may visit PROFECO's website(https://www.gob.mx/profeco ) or contact the agency directly by calling (55) 5625 6700 from Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey and 800 468 8722 from the rest of the Mexican Republic.
Automatic means of collecting personal data
The personal data we obtain through the use of these tracking technologies is as follows:
- Identifiers, usernames, and passwords of a session
- User Preferred Language
- User's browser type
- Type of user's operating system
- Date and time of the beginning and end of a user's session
- Searches made by a user
- If you do not want cookies, web beacons, and other technologies installed on your device, you can set your browser to reject them, or to warn you when a site attempts to install them. However, if you disable the option to accept cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies, some sections of our FEMSA Job Board portal may not work properly. To find out how to disable them in your browser, please refer to your provider's website (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.).
How can you find out about changes to this privacy notice?
This Privacy Notice may be modified, changed or updated as a result of new legal requirements, of our own needs for the products or services we offer, of our privacy practices, of changes in our business model, or for other reasons.
We are committed to keep you informed of any changes to this privacy notice,in such cases, we will post such changes on the website: http://www.femsaventures.com/ Privacy Notice section. If you wish, you may request the latest version of this Privacy Notice through our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Update 06/08/2023